As part of management, executive, or center of excellence teams, organizing remote work can be difficult, especially when onboarding or training employees. It can be difficult for staff to aid with new hires and procedures remotely using traditional methods, such as videoconferencing. Digital Adoption Platforms can be a tremendous help with user training and onboarding for remote and hybrid employees.
What is a Digital Adoption Platform?
Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs) are software that make the adoption of new applications easier and offer a better user experience overall. They can increase efficiency of employee training and onboarding and they can act as hubs for collecting, sorting, and sharing data, training, and procedures with employees remotely.
Digital Adoption Platforms and Onboarding for Remote and Hybrid Employees
DAPs can help start new hires off on the right foot with process documentation that can help decrease support needs and stress on resources. This can ensure accuracy and overall standardization of the onboarding process.
Why should companies include DAP in their remote employee onboarding process?
Digital Adoption Platforms can improve the employee onboarding process, especially when those employees must learn to use complicated enterprise solutions that may lack a wonderful user experience or involve in-depth processes. Here are more ways DAPs can help your employee onboarding process.
Avoid remote employee onboarding mishaps
It’s easy for steps to be skipped using traditional onboarding methods that take a long time, contributing to the forgetting curve. Avoid onboarding mishaps because of gaps that occur from waiting too long to start the process, no ability to give feedback, not tailoring to the individual, and lack of structure. Don’t let new hires miss a thing when you use a DAP instead.
Increase new employee engagement
Over 54% of the U.S. workforce is disengaged. Smarter technology means users get more done in less time, leading to fast launch times and more engaged employees.
Reduce turnover by engaging your new hires right from the start with the streamlined onboarding process you get with a Digital Adoption Platform. This can save you the loss of at least six months of salary costs from turnover due to low engagement.
Digital Adoption Platforms and User Training for Remote and Hybrid Employees
Even with in-office settings, new user training in groups doesn’t come with a 100% success rate. Insert live video training for remote employees, and it can become even more cumbersome, with less adoption or complete understanding.
Why should companies include DAP in their remote user training?
So, why should you include Digital Adoption Platforms for your remote employee training? In a typical workweek, employees devote only 1% of their time to training. With DAPs, remote employee training is ongoing and at their fingertips. It’s easier for end-users and it helps:
- Provide a strong start with great employee training. The easy-to-use interfaces that DAPs provide can make training seem almost fun for your employees.
- Ensure employee momentum and productivity. The average employee spends 19% of their work week searching for basic information they need to do their job. With a DAP, employees don’t have to fish for answers or ask managers for help. Any time they get stuck, they can refer to their training. Employees can find support in the moment of need—no waiting.
- Increase knowledge retention. Research suggests that online learning increases knowledge retention and takes less time.
- Create effective employee training content. Rather than following the typical long documentation of enterprise applications that can be hard to find, confusing, or incomplete, DAPs allow you to create easy to use and understand, effective training content.
- Meet complex regulatory requirements. Better employee training can help you meet both internal and legal complex regulatory requirements.
Other benefits of DAPs for employee onboarding and training
Digital Adoption Platforms benefit employee onboarding and training equally. Other benefits of Digital Adoption Platforms include:
- Easily seek regular feedback and refine processes. You can seek regular feedback automatically via the DAP, so the team can constantly refine and improve processes.
- Reduce IT workload. Using Digital Adoption Platforms for employee onboarding and training can decrease the number of internal support tickets, IT support time, and IT resources.
- Ensure accuracy and standardization. It’s usually difficult to keep up with changes, but a DAP can make it easier. Simply record an update for frequent changes in your systems.
- Fast rollout. Since DAPs are online (SaaS) based, they do not require server-side installation or maintenance.
- Team saves time. Don’t spend days writing documentation. DAPs can automatically record your actions, so you only need to record, edit, and publish.
- Employees save time. Digital Adoption Platforms improve software user time to proficiency and reduce employee training development and support time.
- Less frustrated management team. Save the frustration from time usually wasted by senior team members needing to go over basics with employees repeatedly.
- Cut employee training costs. Instead of choosing solutions that include training and certifications that take your employees off the job (and even offsite) for hours or days at a time, you can slash the costs of training employees.
- See detailed user analytics. Like any SaaS, with a Digital Adoption Platform, you’ll have user training analytics at your fingertips, which you can use to improve processes.
Using a Digital Adoption Platform can help you guide your workforce, improve employee onboarding, training, and retention, and save time and money. What could you use a DAP for in your organization?
Thousands of users love OnScreen. Create in-application walkthroughs for SAP ECC, S4HANA, or any Enterprise Application. It’s easy to use and trainers can create step-by-step guides in minutes. Learn more about OnScreen here.